Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sailing, sailing...

Wow, what a busy week it's been! I'll go in chornological order and try to make it short and sweet. I have lots of pictures to share.

Sunday, we met Herbie! He was a fashionably late (ok, 2.5 hours isn't exactly fashionable, and it was H-O-T!), but finally he arrived. He was actually Herbie #9 of however many different herbies they used for the upcoming movie. The herbie that we saw was a junkyard herbie who shoots smoke out his muffler in the movie, which I can't wait to see.

Here he is!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This week we took sailing lessons at the yacht club. DH and I missed the first two days, but we made up for them the last 3. (Actually, he missed the first 3 days, but who's counting.) I just happened to call DH's lil sis, and found out she needed a ride, so we went and had a blast! Thanks Chelsea!

Here's DH heading out on a sunfish:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's DH an his lil'sis after sailing on the larger catamaran. (I just love this pic.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today was my first ever knitting class! I had so much fun spending time and teaching these girls to knit. They were so sweet and so smart. I wasn't sure how to gauge how well I taught today and how well they liked it until I had a certain conversation:

G: Well, my mom said she's going to wait on the porch, so I guess she's ready to go.
Me: Yea, I guess so. But you can call the shop and I'll meet you here if you ever need help later.
G: I'll just knit one more row, then I'll go meet her.
[she finishes row]
G: Well, just one more row.
[she finishes row]
[I look at her and smile.]
Me: You want to do another row?
G: Just one more.. Man, it's hard to put this down.


The minute I heard her say, "one more row," I knew she was hooked and I felt like my job was done. All I could think of was, "oh honey!" LOL
I just beamed!

From left to right: G, A, and A. (I'd rather not put names until I have their mom's permission.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You girls were great! Hope to see you next Saturday!

Comments:
Sailing looks like so much fun and that picture of hubby and lil sis is great. Aren't your cute little knitting students adorable?! What a fun time you're having!
 
Hey! The picture with the little girls is so cute. I got your package yesterday and it is so wonderful! I cant wait to use the soaps. Thank you :)-Lorrie
 
What cute girls! I wish I had learned to knit so young. I hope you are having fun with the class and Im sure you are great at it.
 
Sailing looks so relaxing...great weather that day! Your little knitting apprehntices are great - you've got them addicted excellent!
 
Ahh - new knitters - life is good. It's great when kids get interested. My DD#2 (8yo) is addicted too!

Congrats on a great class - can't wait to see their progress.
 
sounds like you did a great job. how much fun teachin little girls to knit. I wish I had learned when I was younger. Good for you for teaching the younger generation.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?