Saturday, June 04, 2005

July 5th

July 5th is the day that the new IW knits hits the stands. I'm really eager for the publication to be out, so that I can get to work on those beautiful tops I posted earlier. That being said, I have exactly 30 days to wrap up my WIPs! Can she do it? Well, probably not.

Yesterday, I finished my suss shrug from an online pattern. I wasn't thrilled about the FO, but this is the 2nd time I've completed the pattern and I'm not doing it again. My gauge seems consistent, but when you fold the shrug in half one arm is an inch longer than the other. Yet, when I put it on it looks fine. The ribbing on the second cuff is a bit wonky, so once I fix that it will definitely help. There is a little crochet edging that is optional to add to the shrug, but it will be a long while before I attempt to add that. So, in summary, I guess it technically isn't finished. I'll probably fix it today and model it for a quick pic.

After the discouragement of not being a perfect knitter, yes I'm a perfectionist, I've decided to give myself a break from the cabled vest. I just don't have the energy to try to frog or tink 25 rows without screwing up or losing count, just yet. I've turned my attention to the stack of Rowan Summer tweed and have started re-calculating the AV Shawl collared pullover. Yes, it's still June, but I need an easy knit to work on when I am too busy chatting to look at a chart (which is probably the reason that I screwed up on my tank).

Actually, other than the cabled vest and the newly started pullover, I don't have any other wips. I do have the Chinese charm bag, but all it needs is some lining and for me to sew on the bamboo handles. So, that's not too bad. I still have a little stash to use up, but it's nothing to be concerned about.

I also wanted to mention that I finished Never Let Me Go. Without giving away any spoilers, I really enjoyed this book. It kept me so entertained that I could hardly put it down. I read it in 3 days by sitting in Books-A-Million after work last week. At the same time, the book is currently in transit to me from their online store, where I was able to buy it for $13 and some change! (Why won’t the store price match their own online store?) I'm going to go ahead and keep it, because I enjoyed it so much. I wish the ending would have been a little different, but I'll take it. I know I haven't said much about the content, but I don't want to spoil it for you like it was spoiled for me. (Don't read the amazon book reviews, just go read the book!)

The Kite Runner is also in transit to me, along with a few of the vegan books I mentioned before. I really think that this will be a great book, although I'm not sure I'll get to finish it as quickly as the last.

Comments:
The purple summer tweed made me drool. :)
 
The Kite Runner is an amazing book. Our town read it as an "if all of *insert-town-here* read the same book" project. I definitely recommend it.

Oh, and I found your blog from on Craftster. Hi.
 
Our Library is doing a similar thing for The Kite Runner that Lindsay mentioned. I think we'll have book discussion questions on our site soon: United We Read 2005

I hope you are doing well. I haven't blogged/read blogs much this past week. Work has kept me pretty busy!
 
I'm glad to hear all the great comments about The Kite Runner. I actually received my book orders yesterday and have already started on it. So far, so good!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?