Friday, June 03, 2005

Cabled vest help

OK, now that I'm finished rambling about school, I have a KNITTING PROBLEM! I've been knitting, ever so happily, away on my cabled vest. I got so happy lucky with decreases that I forgot that I was supposed to start increasing! If any of you have the Vogue Spring, maybe you can help me out. If you don't have the vogue spring issue, you probably can still help me out. Let me show you what I should have done and, adversely, what I have done.

This is for the body shaping. The pattern tells me to decrease 1 stitch at the end of each row on these rows:
2, 14, 26, 38 This is, with the exception of the first, every 12 rows. It also continues to say to increase every 12 rows. Which would mean that I would increase on rows 50, 62, 74, and 86.

Simple? Yes. Did I manage to screw it up? Yes. I made a little list, as I always do, of the rows where something happens. It looks like this:

2 dec 1 st at each end
14 “
26 “
38 “
50 inc 1 st at each end
62 “
74 “
86 “

I was knitting along happily, as I mentioned, and decreased at row 50 & 62. Today, I was knitting at work and came along to row 74. Oh, something happens at this row. I left my original paper with my notes at home, so I re-figured it out at work and realized my mistake. PANIC! Well, nothing I can do now but increase or frog. So, I increased and kept knitting a bit.

Now I’m on row 76 and am wondering what to do. Do I frog 25 rows to get back to row 50 and start increasing like a good girl? Do I deal with it and scatter out 2 more increase rows by row 86? I’m saying that it has to be done by about row 86 because at that point the garment will measure about 13.5” and that’s exactly when I need to start my armhole shaping.

I generally don’t mind frogging, but during school it’s hard to find time to knit, so that will definitely push this tank wayy back. I’d probably just rip it and not give two shakes about it if there weren’t so many cables involved. They’re fun to do, but are going to be a pain to rip. Ideas? Suggestions?

Comments:
I hate frogging! sorry you had to redo all of that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?