Thursday, May 26, 2005

SP5 Questionnaire

Woohoo, SP5 time. I've already contacted the person I'm spoiling for this event. It's going to be a blast!

Here's my survey:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Guilty. Yes, I’m a definite yarn snob! I am vegan, so I won’t use any animal derived fibers (unless I already have them). This means no wool, silk, alpaca, etc. I do love natural plant fibers: bamboo, cotton, cotton blends (like Calmer), soy silk, etc.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No. I’ve thought about spinning, but I just don’t have the time for it. I’m not crazy about crochet, but maybe I’ll change my tune when Debbie Stoller comes out with her crochet book.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No real allergies. I don’t like smoke or animal derived stuff.


4. How long have you been knitting?
I just started knitting in mid-December of 2004. I haven’t stopped since!


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. I can email you the amazon link. I just haven’t put it on my blog because of it having my full name.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Most anything in the herbal category. I think my favorite blend is Rosemary and Mint or Eucalyptus and Spearmint. I also love lavender and chamomile. (Please be sure that if you send soaps the glycerin is plant based and the candles are soy.)


7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Only for soy ice cream and vegan chocolate.


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make soap, candles, french memo boards, marble magnets, smoothies, some photography. I'm also starting to enjoy my time in the kitchen, so food is becoming a fun hobby. I'm on a smoothie kick right now.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I like trance-y music, relaxing yoga type music, and quite a bit of radio hits stuff. Yeah weird combo, I know. Some artists are in my blogger profile. I can play mp3’s on my computer or on my portable.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love autumn colors. I like brown and pink together. I think my favorite color is that nifty robin’s egg blue that seems to be coming out this season. The only colors I really don’t like are punk type stuff: red and black or pink and black. I don’t like fluorescent colors, either.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married with no pets. I’d love one, but the hubby says no. :( We have a few fish and that’s it.


12. What are your life dreams?
I’d like to finish my degree in Business so that I can create my own business. I’d love to own a tea shop, vegan café, yoga place, yarn shop, spa, and garden center… all in one area. Just give me a few city blocks and let me create my own little town


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Right now, it would have to be bamboo. I’ve been aching to try out Calmer, but I can’t seem to get my hands on the Calmer collection book from Rowan. Everywhere I go is sold out.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Animal derived fibers and pure acrylics. I’m sure there are some nice acrylics, but there doesn’t seem to be many.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I’m obsessed with finishing up my cabled vest before summer is over. Lucky for me Louisiana summers last through December. Other than that, I guess I’m just obsessed with finding more time to actually knit!


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Garments. I don’t really have the need for a lot of scarves or cozies. I like to knit things that I know I will use and wear.


17. What are you knitting right now?
The cabled vest from the Spring Issue of Vogue.


18. What do you think about ponchos? I try not to.


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars! I’m definitely an addi turbo girl, lol.


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo or rosewood if they’re straights. Addis if they’re circs.


21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not yet, but I’d love to make the retro rib socks from Interweave (I think the winter issue). It took me a long time, but I’ve finally found some yarn without wool! I think katia Mississippi 3 print will work.


22. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself from various websites. Then stitch ‘n bitch taught me tons more.


23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmm. I guess 5 months, but that’s only because I knit it completely then totally frogged and reknit it. (the suss shrug)


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Wow, that’s kinda tough. The little prince would be my favorite animated character. (I’ve only read the book, though.) How about cats for my favorite animal? Even though I don’t have one. :)


25. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. I just love that season and the colors. I’m not crazy about killing turkeys, though.


26. Is there anything that you collect? Vegan recipes? Yarn? ;)


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I was given Family circle easy knitting. Other than that, none. My favorite knitting mag is Vogue, though.


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
How it all Vegan (In a moment of weekness, I ordered this) I'm interested in the Loop-d-loop book, but I honestly haven't seen enough patterns to be sure if I'd like it. So no 'must haves' right now, but you can always check my amazon wish list, or share books that you've read and loved.

Okies, any other questions, just ask. I'm really excited about SP5!

Comments:
What an interesting list. I'm curious about soy candles. Are beeswax candles considered bad news because the wax is made by bees? Does it harm the bees to make the candles? Honestly, I'm curious! :)
 
I love your questions! I have stitch 'n bitch tonight, but I'll post a response tomorrow.

PS. I mailed the RAOKs out today. I'm guessing it will get to you later next week because of the holiday. Or, knowing the mail, maybe the beginning of the week 2 weeks from now.
 
Hey there! Thanks for your recommendation about Silk. I drank it a few years ago and really liked it. I am into 8th Continent Light Vanilla because its a low-calorie soy milk. I tried Amy's Mac & Soy cheese the other day...hmmm..it was, uh...different, shall we say? :) I also had the Toffuti chocolate ice cream bars which were pretty good. About two out of three meals are meat-free, so things are slow & steady. I hope you have a nice weekend!
 
Louisiana has lonnnggg summers :-) Amazing. Toffutti bars...sound good right about now eh? HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
 
Hey miss thang... I just saw some Lana Gross yarn that's light enough for socks, I think it's called Elastica? It's like 96% cotton and 4% elastic, since 100% cotton really wouldn't work well for socks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?