Sunday, May 22, 2005

Peculiar dream

I am really out on a limb sharing my dream with the world. I thought it was slightly entertaining and it almost carries a cohesive theme and story. There's even some knitting involved, well, not knitting the act, but hand knit stuff!! So, here goes.

I had the strangest dream last night. First I was in a swimming pool at a place I haven't visited in a long time. It was the home of some friends of my family when I was growing up, and they were like grandparents to me. (They still live there now.) It was the place where I learned to swim and spent plenty of time during the summers. Anyhow, there were a few other people in the pool and we were playing some game I guess. I was saving bees out of the water with something. I don't know, dreams are weird. :)

Anyhow, now I'm at some school, saving all these kids (i have no idea what age, but it was definitely a high school). Somehow I was sneaking them all out to some safe place that I never saw.

Then I was in the hospital. During the whole dream I was pregnant, but my subconscious never thought about it. Well, now I was showing quite a bit, but the doctor said it wasn't time yet, so this man brought me to his home. Apparently, I was going to be the surrogate mother for him and his wife. Why would i do that when I'm trying to have a baby of my own? So, I go in and tell the wife that the doctor wants to see her soon. I start thinking that he wants to take the baby out of me and put it in her, like she was the one who was pregnant. I go and take a shower and try to figure out how to keep my baby (if it was my baby) and when I get out, what am I wearing but belle epoque!! There's the knitter in me! It was a lovely lavender color with a cream ribbon. I rub my belly, which is quite round, and the fabric feels soft against my skin. (I have no idea what yarn I used, but it wasn't animal-derived!) So then I start to go downstairs in these people's home to call my husband so that he can save me from this mess, or so i hope. Then, I woke up.

A brief history: DH and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years now. I would like to adopt in the future as well. We are currently trying something new and that may be what sparked the dream. I would love the dream to be an indicator that I may be pregnant, but it's much to early to tell. I do guess that if I do get pregnant, I definitely need to knit the belle epoque I looked radiant in it (according to the dream) and it was quite flattering on a pregnant woman! I remember that I felt beautiful in it. Now that is a rare thought for me!

Comments:
What a curious dream! I think it says a lot about you and your life right now. You're thinking a lot about having a baby, you're spending a lot of time knitting, and lastly, it's very important to you to be conscious of other beings and be a bit of a protector to them.

I've been thinking a lot about starting a family, too, and in preparation have been using the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility for over a year. We're just now ready to try to get pregnant and I feel really empowered and knowledgeable about my body... as well as hopeful that we'll "get lucky" this summer. If you want to email more about this, feel free!! *hug*
 
wow, dreams are funny, huh? There is a great dream interpretation site called Dreammoods.com you should check it out!
Also, try acupuncture if you are having trouble concieving. It can really help to balance anything that may be out of whack in your body and preventing pregnancy... things that no western doc could ever fix.
 
What a coincidence, I dreamed I was pregnant last night too! However, this was more of a nightmare for me, my children are now 31,32, & 34. In my dream I kept thinking...wow, 32 years between kids, wow. Best of luck to you and your hubby!
 
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL DREAM!!!! I can't wait to see if you are pregnant! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
 
omg that sounds like a movie dream - like something out of a charlie kauffman movie. I hope we hear some great news soon
 
UPDATE?! Have you had any more good dreams? What's up?
 
I'd love to do some acupuncture! I think I'll have to look into that. :)

Leah, It will take at least a month to find out if this new thing worked. I am not getting my hopes up, I'm trying to be indifferent on the entire issue. I will post if I end up pregnant though, whenever that may or may not be.

Thanks for the site, melissa!

That sounds like a cool book, goodkarma, I'll have to see if my library carries it
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?