Monday, May 30, 2005

New Knits!

The Fall Interweave Knits preview is up and boy, am I excited! (Ok, is that country talk coming out, or do other people talk like this?) Anyhow, I've already got my next two projects picked out, and if I knew a teeny bit more about the patterns, I'd go out and buy the yarn subs TODAY, so that I'm ready to cast on the minute it hits the shelves. I can't believe how anxious I am to start these.



Greek Pullover (Sharon Shoji)
Rowan Kid Classic (70% lambswool, 26% kid mohair, 4% nylon; 151 yd
[140 m]/50 g): #841 lavender ice, 5 (6, 7, 7, 8) balls.

This pullover just exudes classic, feminie beauty. I need a little dainty top with slight ruffles to wear underneath it, just like the photo. I am NOT a ruffles girl, really, but this sweater nearly demands it. Gorgeous.

Kid Classic's Gauge is 4.5 sts = 1" with size 8 US needles.
Calmer is 5 sts = 1" with size 8's.
All seasons Cotton is 4-4.5 sts = 1" with size 7-9's.


Perhaps I could use Calmer instead of the kid classic? I hear it's hard to sub with Calmer because of it's stretchiness. Any ideas? Any Rowan would do :) As long as it's not an animal fiber. I have a 38" bust, so I'll probably be in the 7 skein catagory. 1050 yds sounds about right.



Union Square Market Sweater (Kate Gilbert)
Plassard Alpaca (100% alpaca; 198 yd [181 m]/50 g): #202 wine red (MC),
7 (7, 7, 8, 9) skeins; #201 pink (CC), 2 skeins (all sizes).

The colors, the style, the fit, the design... all perfect.

I think this one will be harder to sub. It's gauge is 6 sts=1" on size 2needles. Ouch! I just may need to rework the entire pattern to something a little quicker. A full time worker with another part time job and a full time college student has NO business knitting something with size 2's!

Please forgive me for my lack of skills in photographing bamboo yarn. Even with photoshop tweaking, the cables are hard to see and it's just a little gritty looking.

This is about 11" into the back side. At 250yds per skein, bamboo goes a long way! I'm still not finished with the first skein! Yep, what's left is that cute little mess to the side. I had hoped to finish the first skein before Tuesday, but we'll see.

Anyhow, here's the long-promised photo:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments:
I'm with you, these more feminine designs speak to me. I'll bet money that there will be a Kate Gilbert Union Square Market Sweater KAL. Sign me up!
 
hey those cables look great! and that is one ball, bamboo does go a long way!!! does it knit up well? i am from Lafayette what part are you in? i am in houston now:)
 
oooo, I love IK! your cables look great- keep it up!
 
hey! i thought id leave you a comment here. Ive got some free time here to mess around. And I made this :
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Lorrie0314/yarnyoga.jpg
its pretty random and i will probably make more. Just wanted to show you.
Talk to you soon, Lorrie
 
Thanks for the heads up on the Fall Interweave. I am looking forward to it.
 
I didn't even know they had previews! Thanks for the info, everything is SO cute! I love that huge weekend satchel!
 
I'm feeling you on the greek! Soooo pretty!
 
By taking 1 tablespoon of good tasting Lose and Snooze before you go to sleep!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?