Monday, May 02, 2005

My favorite things...

Ms.Snooze sent me this fun meme! It's been so nice to just sit and think on the most wonderful and positive aspects of life. :)

My 10 favorite things in no order what so ever:

1. Being vegan – clear conscience, clear thoughts, healthy body.
2. How I feel just after doing yoga. Nothing can replace that sense of energized relaxation and balance that I feel.
3. Getting goodies in the mail. I love getting little thoughtful surprises. It doesn’t have to be much; just a card can brighten my day. (This is not a ploy for goodies!)
4. Getting sincere appreciation and gratitude for a gift that I give someone ~ especially if it was handmade by me. I sincerely think that this is one of the greatest feelings a person can feel ~ to know that they made someone else honestly happy.
5. Gardening. I can completely clear my mind of thoughts while gardening. I can just completely lose myself in my tending to the earth. As of now, I only plant things for beauty and fragrance, but I intend to do some veggie gardening if I can find the time. (Probably not this year.)
6. Waking up on a lazy Sunday morning with my hubby holding me close. This generally means he has at least one hand on one of my boobs, but that’s fine with me. Our sheets are all white, we have hardwood floors, the walls are a light blush-beige, and the curtains are crisp white linen. I love our bedroom. It is such a peaceful and relaxing place to wake up in. (I wrote a short descriptive essay on it for school. I’ll have to post it when I get my paper back.)
7. Nature. This being flora and fauna. Beaches and oceans are wonderful, but I think I enjoy other landscapes more. I like lush greenery, think tropics, as well as beautiful wooded areas. Actually, I can’t really think of a landscape I don’t like.
8. Animals. I guess this goes hand in hand with being vegan, but I love animals. I even love the not so cute ones. Their intelligence and natural means of survival have always amaze me. There’s always something new to learn about them. This goes for all the underwater creatures, too, of course.
9. I’m going to categorize material things in one category. Chai lattes with soy milk. Yarn and addi turbos. Blythe. The comforter on my bed. My garden in full bloom.
10. Crafting. I love creating things in all sorts of mediums. I love black and white photography and processing my own film. (I need to set up my dark room and get back in practice!) I loved making the French memo boards that I gave out as Christmas gifts. KNITTING, of course! I’m not really into paper crafts too much. I love soft, comfy things, but I’m not so great at sewing. I’m trying though. I’d love to do some pottery. I have a feeling I’d need some serious lessons. Oh that gives me an idea.
11. Ok, so I cheated and added one extra. I’m thankful for all the kind and loving people in my life. This includes my family as well as people I may never meet face to face. I’ve made a lot of wonderful friends in my life and a few through blogging. I think/hope you know who you are. :)

I'm tagging moira, goodkarma, Lesley, Carrie, Tara, Rebekah, and Dani. I know that's a lot of peeps, but hey I feel like sharing the love and I want to see everyone's favorite things! If you feel up to it, please do the added meme I created below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To add to this meme, I’m going to start a new question that I hope gets passed around a bit. Please list 5 things that you may or may not have done before that you would like to learn or try again. This may just get you to try them or give you some renewed interest!

1. Photography. I want to break out my LOMO again and shoot from the hip! I also want to get back in practice of doing some black and white stuff.
2. Piano. I’ve never tried it, but I’d love to find some lessons and give it a go.
3. Pottery. If I could find a class, I would jump on it! I want to make a decorative vase or something simple and beautiful.
4. Write a book. I’d love to write a book ~ any book would do. A children’s book would be fun. I’d also like to write something like a novel. Something about me, but that has some insight.
5. I’d like to travel more. I’ve been to Germany, Canada, and Mexico. I’ve snowboarded on the Swiss border. I want to see Italy, a lot of Asia, and Paris asap. I hope to go to China next summer. The trip would include some of Korea as well, if my school still offers it.

Thanks again for the meme Snoozie! If you have the chance, I'd love to hear your answers to mine. :)

Comments:
It was fun reading your favorite things. The simplest things (like how calm and relaxing your bedroom is) are wonderful.

Thanks for the tag, I'll get to it hasta pronto!
 
i am wondering what your thoughts are on MS&W festival. it sounded fun...until i read that they sell lamb at the food court. i mean, even if you're not vegan,or even vegetarian, how could you?
 
Hey Lauren, thanks for checking in! I'm doing much better now that finals are over!

anonymous,
I didn't know that lamb meat was being sold at the MS&W festival, but I should have realized that. I have faith that most of the knitters who attended were there for the gathering and meeting of other knitters and not the oppression and cruelty of the lambs, sheep, and other wildlife there. I have to admit, I wish i could have made the trip to maryland just to meet all the other bloggers, but it would have to have been after the festival. I won't condone practices like that. Maybe we should create a Sheep loving festival that doesn't carry any wool or animal derived products. That would be a festival not to miss!
 
Hi~I was reading your blog a little bit today. I love your list of favorite things. I'll be posting mine soon. :) I also found the PETA online store through your blog. I may get a t-shirt in the future. :) Have a great afternoon!
 
Hi Blogger,
I was looking for information about garden tools when I discovered My favorite things..., certainly one of the finest blogs I have found!
But before I continue my search for garden tools I want to say that your blog deserves a compliment!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?