Sunday, May 29, 2005

Books, yoga, and the organic trade association

If you haven't seen the Store Wars episode that goodkarmago was giggling about on her blog, you must go check it out! I was cracking up! These people are geniuses I tell you! My only question is this.. Is R2D2 a block of tofu or a block of cheese? Please say he's tofu! (I wish there wasn't ham as well.) I eat organic! Do you?

The more I see of Loop-d-loop, the more I'm starting to like it. Check out these Hot creations that illana made from the book.

Romy was asking about good beginning yoga books to read. Unfortunately, I've only read one or two books on yoga. The only one I've bought is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Yoga. I've really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. It introduces you to the concepts behind yoga, some of the sanskrit (without intimidating you), and lots of poses. It also teaches you about your body, nutrition, and poses that help ease discomforts and illnesses. There are even some routines in the book to get you going. There are plenty of positive reviews on amazon that you can check out as well.

Other books that I am looking into on or related to yoga are: Light on Yoga, The Bhagavad Gita According to Gandhi, and Yoga The Spirit And Practice Of Moving Into Stillness.

Kevin Perry is a yoga teacher in Missouri. I've been lucky enough to have him visit yarn yoga and guide me to his blog. He shares his insightful thoughts on asanas, pranayama, and life. Check him out!

Some other sites that you may want to check out are: Yoga Journal and Yoga Basics.

Hope this helps!

Comments:
I just thought I would pop in with a book that I am really enjoying right now--Yoga and Aryuveda, by David Frawley. It is a great explaination of how the two sciences intertwine. Also, Yoga Journal has a great weekly email newsletter.
 
Thanks again for the RAOK. You're the best!
Love the new look of your blog. =0) Hope you're having a great weekend.
 
R2D2 is tofu!! He's actually TofuD2! How cute is that?

I want loop d loop, too, although I'm afraid that I'll only really want to wear a few of the things in the book and that I'll spend $$$ just to look at all the pretty pictures. We'll see.
 
Hey hey! I just watched that Store Wars, very cute. You must reach out with your peelings...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?