Sunday, May 15, 2005

All stitched up...

Today I sewed up my Chinese Charm bag. The backstitch was easier than I thought. I know I've done that in girl scouts or some other youth craftiness before. I guess I just didn't understand Debbie's explanation of it. Leave it to me to try to make something much more complex than it really is.

So now I have to find some fabric to line my bag with. Any ideas on colors, patterns, etc? I'll have to have a look at hancock's fabric, but I'm not opposed to ordering from somewhere if the fabric is just 'must have' quality and design.

Once I have the fabric, I'll line my bag, attach the handles, and Voila! C'est fini!

I've made quite a bit of progress on my cabled vest today. Of course, it looks like more progress since I'm using the 6's now. It's such a fun, yet challenging knit! It's not difficult at all. The challenging part is just to pay attention to what you're doing so that you don't do the wrong twist or etc. No problems thus far, but my mind does wander. I'm absolutely loving the bamboo for this project. The drape, the sheen, the lightweightness! It will be perfect for the hot, humid summer!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?