Sunday, April 10, 2005

Socks

Ok, so it'll be a while before I start these, but I've finally found the socks I want to knit. It turns out I've had the pattern all along. It's the retro rib socks from Interweave Knits Winter 2004. The photo doesn't show it well, but they have the sort of ribbed heel that I like. (Well I like the look of it, I haven't worn any like it.)



I need to find the yarn for them, but I'm not actively looking.

I'm still looking for something to knit with a 20 sts over 4" gauge, as mentioned below. I guess it would be ok to order the yarn without a pattern. I'm thinking I need something in pink. Lavender is one of my favorite colors and I'm already knitting a sweater and possibly a cardi in that color. Black is a good option as well. So, what do you guys do when you want to buy a yarn that you don't have a project lined up for? How do you know how much to buy? I'm not in love with any of these colors, so I may just let the yarn go. Hmmm.. yeah, I'm a bit too passive about this. :)

Comments:
I'm in the middle of the retrorib socks right now and really love them. Carrie from my knitting group did them in a dark grey and I'm doing pink. They get a lot of oo's and aaaaaaah's so be prepared for much admiring while you work on yours! ;)
 
Those socks look so nice! And so comfy! Too bad you can't start ASAP! I can't wait to see what color you choose!
 
Oh my goodness, I want to knit those, too! They've been on my (long!) list ever since that magazine came out. I think you and I are knitty-twins.

What about some solid colored Koigu? I'm in love with Koigu now, you know! :)
 
Koigu is gorgeous, but I won't knit with wool. I'm vegan. I'm guessing maybe cotton socks? We'll see, maybe you and I can start on them around the same time. :) How far down are they in your que?

Leah, you want to join us? Is a knitalong in order? :)

Gotta finish my AV pullover first!
 
I love those socks, if I ever get around to joining the socks craze, these would be the ones I would knit!
 
Hi Blogger. I was looking for how to knit related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a how to knit site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Check it out when you can :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?