Thursday, April 07, 2005

New Yarn.

School has got me so swamped lately. I have so much crafting and knitting to catch up on. I'm late on two of my swaps, which is NOT my style at all. (I'm so sorry guys!)

I did have an excellent trip to Yarns 2 Ewe. I can't remember the name of the woman who was working that day, but she was incredibly busy, and she still gave everyone very warm and personal service. She was great! She even had this awesome german accent. Anyhow, as I was browsing I noticed a lilac sweater knit up on one of the bins. It was made from Kathmandu. And ya know what? I'm glad I never got that stinkin yarn. I didn't really like it at all. I did fall in love with Rowan's summer tweed in a beautiful lilac color. And, although it had silk, I bought it. I just couldn't resist. Shame on me, bad vegan. Well, I guess it was a decidedly non-vegan moment. I do feel remorse,but, well, I'm not going to go into the details of it. I also picked up some Rowan cotton glace in pink. Here's a pic of what I came home with

In case you're wonderin what that is on the needles below the yarn. It's the start of the sleeves for my AV shawl Collared Shawl. My knit-along for it can be found here

Aside from the yarn, I also got Jaeger's #35 book. I want to make the sweater that's on the cover and advertised in just about every knitting magazine. I'll have to look for a photo online and post it. I originally bought the cotton glace for a scarf that is used as a sash in the book. It turns out the yarn is the wrong weight. I may make it anyhow. Anyone have any other ideas of what I could do with 2 skeins of cotton glace?

I just wanted to do a short update for now. Be sure to check out Stara knits to see her 'under the hoodie.' It was her First ever sweater and a total success! She rocks the party that rocks the party!

Comments:
I know! School always seems to get in the way of *precious* knitting time. That yarn looks yummy! I love it! Have fun knitting! I saw that Rowan Tweed but it was a tad bit pricey for me... but please enjoy knitting it for me! Happy Knitting!
 
Beautiful color choice! I can't wait to see your AV Shawl Collar.
 
I'm so glad I live in Houston - we have some great shops here. Yarns 2 Ewe is great, but Twisted Yarns in Spring is the BEST! Happy knitting!
 
I enjoyed reading some of your posts Blogger. I was looking for how to knit related information and found your blog. I have a how to knit site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hi Blogger. I was looking for yarn related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a yarn site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Check it out when you can :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?