Monday, April 18, 2005

I got RAOK'd!!

Dear Ms.Snooze,
I got my RAOK in today.. and I was beyond words. I quite literally screamed and got a dirty look from my husband! I think the first thing I said was "Wow" and the second thing I said was "They're all VEGAN!!!!!!" I must say, your children are quite talented to master up all that fancy bead work! I love how the wire spirals back down so pretty!
I've been getting some criticism for my vegan ways on the homefront and over some emails. I asked a question on a certain list for knitters and got some suprisingly negative reactions. That's ok. I'll chalk it up to their ignorance and a teaching opportunity. Since that happened, I posted a bit about my suprise about the reactions I received. Only to get a flood of support emails! Seems like for every possible negative member in a bunch, there are 20 positive ones ~ or more! Anyhow, I didn't mean to be a bit of a killjoy. I just wanted you to know a little bit of what's been going on these past few days, just so you can really see how much it cheered me up that I got a ton of lovely animal friendly yarns and gifts! Thank you so much!!!

On with the pictures!

First off, there was a lovely letter inside from the delightful Ms.Snooze It was a very sweet note that wished me a Happy Birthday and said some things that mean a lot to me.

Here's the box freshly ripped (yes, ripped) open.. This is where I about lost it with trying to contain myself. Bring your face really close to the monitor.. There's some real treats in there!


The fist thing I see is... SOCK YARN! How throughtful! I think you're right that the gauge is a little big for the retro rib, but I can get some practice in with another pattern on this yarn before I try someting too difficult.



The next thing is 2 skeins of Incredible ribbon yarn! I've never knit with this before! I've always wanted to try out ribbon yarn and now I have my chance. It's funny, because I've picked up this very colorway many times before. :)
(My flash went nuts with that shimmer!)


That's it, right? I mean, those are some great gifts already. There couldn't be even more. Well, yes, there is more! Check out my new tank top! Ok, so it isn't a tank yet and I'm not sure if I can pull off a skimpy 400 yd tank, but I'm going to give it a whirl. If not, I've got some undergarment designs I'd like to try. ;)
Don't you love that turquoise?


She even sent me some pattern ideas and ways to create a garment to your idea fit!


Just when I thought I had found everything, I spotted a cute white organza bag with something pretty inside:


It's homemade stitch markers! Snooze and the family are incredibly talented! I love the swirly wire work and the beautiful beads. Unfortunately, I'm not so talented to really capture their beauty.


Thank you so much Ms.Snooze! I really adore and appreciate your thoughtfulness. I really can't imagine it coming at a more appropriate time. I'd say you've made my day, but I'd be lying. You've probably made my whole month! I'll be sure to keep you updated on my plans for the yarn and keep posting pics of my progress. Thanks again!

/hugs

~atouria

Comments:
WOW! What a great gift! That was sooo sweet!

ENjoy all that fun yarn !!!!
 
Oh yeah the issue is Holiday 2004 #21
 
wow! what a great gift! and what's RAOK? Random acts of kindness? am i stupid for not knowing?
 
Tara,
Not only are you NOT stupid for not knowing, but you are so SMART for figuring it out! Yes it is, you should click on 'join' under the button and sign up. It's a great group and so much fun to meet other fiber artists like ourselves. :)
 
Wow, what a fantastic gift! I love (especially) that your surprise friend paid attention to your vegan needs. The turquoise is my favorite. Yummy!
 
You are my new best friend! You don't understand how much that meant to me that you took time out of your busy life to help me! I have been so bogged down with school I've had no time to update my site! I've done liike 5 rows of knitting something else in the past 2 days! Thanks so much love! You are sucha good soul!
 
Hey Chickie! I haven't started it yet- I started mariah but I am actually going to cast on for the right side now!!!!! Your the best !
 
Hey - how come I can't find your address on the ROAK site....leave it in my comments when you get a chance!!!! tHANKS !!!! :-)
 
Hmm.. I'm in the database. Try searching for yarnyoga. I need to add this to the main page, but you can email me at atouria at yarnyoga dot com. You can send me an email if you can't find it in the database.
 
great stuff! love the sock yarn sitich markers, and turquoise color yarn:)
 
What a wonderful package!
I look forward to seeing what you do with it all!
xx
 
What a great birthday gift! Can't wait to see what you knit up.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?