Thursday, March 17, 2005

Slight Rant and a FO

This is the watter bottle sling from Knit-Wit. I made it with the nifty little library card holder on the strap. This was my first project on dpns and if it looks a little sloppy, well, it is. It was an ok project, but I would have much rather been working on a sweater. I decided to make this to get more experience with dpns (other than hats) and to use for work. Ok, enough with the critique, here's the FO.



Yarn: Four Seasons Hot Socks
Yarn content: 75% wool, 25% nylon
Amount: 1 skein (230yds or 210m)
Colorway: 220 (jeweltones)
Project Completed: March 17,2005

Notes about the pattern: Since I used a sock yarn instead of 100% wool, the strap was more springy. (The pattern calls for Koigu PPPM 100% merino wool.)
I am going to shorten the length. I'll remeasure and post the length that I end up going with.

If you make the pocket, after Row 5 stop on a WS row. This will keep your pocket on the outside instead of it being on the inside. If you want the pocket to be more hidden, on the inside, you can end on a RS row.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, here's the rant part: I received an email back from the knitting garden this morning and it's not great news. She says they should get the yarn I ordered, for the AV pullover, in by the end of the month! I ordered it Feb 24th! Yes I said I could wait 2-3 weeks and technically the end of this week isn't that much longer, but still!! I keep considering cancelling it, but by the time I pick out something else it will probably take the same amount of time to get it. I'm really frustrated with this. She could have at least sent the 2 magazines I ordered (rowan calmer collection and noro knits) to hold me over while I wait. I was going to order some Calmer yarn for a sweater I want to make in the catalog, but I am definitely going to wait to make sure I get and like the yarn that I originally ordered. I did get an apology, which was nice, but a gesture would have been nicer. Bleh.

I wanted to work on this sweater over the spring break from school. I guess that's out. I placed an order with elann to finish my first sweater disaster (the designer didn't call for enough yarn on the original pattern), but I don't think that will be in before spring break.

Ok, /rant off.

Comments:
I've tried twice to order things from Knitting Garden, and both times, after a couple days when I inquired about the status of my order, I got emails back saying they were having trouble processing my credit card and could I please call to place the order. Yes, I could call, but both times I just asked her to cancel my order instead. I like to order things online because I can quietly do it from work and not have to get on the annoying phone. I don't know if I'll bother ever trying to order from them again!

Anyhoo, you're a good girl for working on a pesky little non-sweater to get some dpn time in! And your bottle holder is fab.

heide
 
heide, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had top notch service from knitting garden either. I'm assuming that they got my credit card # just fine, but I really need to double check to see if it was charged or not. (sometimes I'm not always on top of these things)

I really like that they have a lot of brand names and free shipping over $75. I had planned on getting some Rowan calmer from her, but at this rate I think I'll have to find another source.

The bad thing is that, if I don't order online my yarn selection goes to zero ~ no LYS.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?