Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Out of Stock... & Yarn subs

Yep. The last 3 yarn orders I've attempted to make have ended up with an email from the owner saying that they are sorry, but they are out of stock. That goes for the 2 attempts at Kathmandu as well as my most recent attempt at getting some Plymouth Fantasy Naturale. I'm going out of town this weekend (to Houston, TX) and I hope I can find some yarn subs there for either the beaded top or the AV Shawl collared pullover.

The yarn shop in Houston that I'll be visiting doesn't have the Fantasy Naturale, either. I called them today. They do have Classic Elite's Bam Boo yarn, though! The gauge isn't exactly right for the beaded top, but it IS the right gauge for the AV pullover! I had thought about giving up on the pullover, but I'm reconsidering.

So, has anyone out there used bamboo and decided it just wasn't the right drape for a sweater? I could probably alter the pattern so that the gauge will work for the beaded top. That's probably what I'll end up doing. I just need to learn how to adjust so that I have the right yardage. Hmmm.. I bet SNB Nation covers that! Gonna have to hit the book soon. ;)

Has anyone out there ever used pure tactel? Skacel makes a yarn called Prince that's 100% tactel. I had considered this yarn for the pullover as well. I really have been anxious to check out the bamboo, so I guess tactel will be on the backburner for a little bit.

Did I mention that I'm a very lucky vegan? Well, I am! A friend from my stitch 'n bitch is opening up her own yarn store. She's going to stock some bamboo and soy for me! :) I'm SUPER excited about that! She's not scheduled to open until mid-late May, but if she gets some in early, she'll let me know. :)

Has anyone seen the movie "The Forgotten" ? I won't give anything away, but it's a really good movie! I want to talk to someone about it so bad! It was just... well, you decide for yourself.

Comments:
Well, my mom's going out of town for the weekend and I'm letting her borrow by camera, so I promise that I WILL finish my sweater this weekend but I might not have pics until late Monday night or Tuesday. very sad, I know...
Where is the pattern for the Shawl Pullover, I saw someone's FO and really really love it! I just got the Vogue and I like to beaded top, but I like other things even better (I'm afraid the tunic shape would NOT be flattering!)
 
I like #11, the hooded pullover; #24, the lace trim bolero and all the scarves! My husband just started a new job and until he starts getting checks there'll be no SEX for me *sigh*
 
I haven't knitted with Tactel yarn but would think that it should drape well as it's got pretty good drape on the skein. I wonder if Tencel/Lyocell is available for knitting? I know it's available for weaving and it's cellulose based, so I'm thinking that it's probably very vegan-friendly.

Have fun in Houston this weekend and I hope you find a lamb named Mollie or Brendan. :)
 
I checked out the knit-a-long for the Shawl Pullover- which I would like to knit sometime soon.
I happen to be waiting for an order from the Knitting Garden and I am really disgusted with their poor customer service. I had ordered another time and the same thing happened- but I decided to give them another chance.... was not a good idea.
 
Your questions are up! yay!
 
Snooze, you are so sweet! I haven't found the fantasy naturale yet, but I would need 6 hanks. Thanks so much for your offer though! I racked up on stuff to knit this weekend, so I'm gonna be busy for a little while. :)
You're so sweet to offer!
 
Hi there Blogger, I was just browsing, looking for knitting instructions related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a knitting instructions site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
 
Hi Blogger, very unique blog you have! I was looking for leg warmer patterns related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a leg warmer patterns site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please visit and enjoy!
 
I enjoyed reading some of your posts Blogger. I was looking for leg warmer patterns related information and found your blog. I have a leg warmer patterns site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)
If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.
 
Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....
 
Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton
 
Hello! Good stuff. Good resources here. Best regards!
- yarnyoga.blogspot.com 9
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma
 
Thanks for the information. Keep it up. Best greetings.
- www.blogger.com u
http://mosquitoringtone1.4x2.net mosquito ringtone
http://freenokiaringtone1.4x2.net free nokia ringtone
http://freeverizonringtone1.4x2.net free verizon ringtone
http://mp3ringtone1.4x2.net mp3 ringtone
http://nokiaringtone1.4x2.net nokia ringtone
http://freemotorolaringtone1.4x2.net free motorola ringtone
http://freemp3ringtone1.4x2.net free mp3 ringtone
http://samsungringtone1.4x2.net samsung ringtone
http://freepolyphonicringtone1.4x2.net free polyphonic ringtone
http://britneyspearsringtone1.4x2.net britney spears ringtone
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?