Friday, March 18, 2005

More changes to water bottle sling

Today I decided to go ahead and frog the strap. I've ripped it all the way to where the pocket finishes. I didn't like the look of the garter stitch strap. The edges just looked too raggedy for my taste. I also needed to shorten it, so some frogging was neccessary regardless.

For the strap, I am going to continue with the double stitch (not sure of the terminology) that I did to create the pocket. The border for the strap will now be:

K1,slip 1,K to last 3 stitches, slip 1,k1,slip 1

This will give it a nice border and a clean edge.

Comments:
Hi, Atouria! Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog.

About the socks: I have a couple blog entries about my socks, and I used a couple of really good beginner resources:
1. Knitty Gritty had an episode called Sock-It To Me and their pattern is online to follow, along with some video clips.
2. The First Time Socknitters KAL (link on my blog). This is a great group, when you join the KAL they send you links to a good beginner pattern, and people are always posting pleas for help and getting lots of great support and advice. I would highly suggest you join this KAL to get started!

heide
 
Heya, I just wanted to drop a line and tell you that I support you in your frogging. I dont know about you but it scares the sh*t out of me and I always need moral support when I do it. (Even if it's from the cat or even a people on a poster on my wall. The black crowes cheer me on a lot! lol) Your water bottle will be the chic-est at the library!
 
Hi! Thanks for coming by my blog and pointing out your response (I wouldn't have seen it otherwise). I've actually been following your progress on the Hourglass sweater on Craftster (I'm staralee) because I just love that sweater but am still finishing up my Under the Hoodie, so I won't be starting it for a bit....and by then it'll probably be too warm *sigh*. Anyhow, thanks for your help with cruelty-free yarn and Hourglass!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?