Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I love Yvonne.. and knitting updates

No really, I do. She saw my post on the hourglass knitalong (see button bottom right) that I ran out of Elann's Peruvian wool in Orange Brandy. She was nice enough to track me down and let me know that Elann has more of it in stock. Now I don't have to frog all my work! Who cares if it's a different dyelot!? I don't. A little bit of contrast at the neckline can look intentional. I'm sooo excited! Of course, I don't know how many skeins to buy, but I think I'll overdo it with 4. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I bet you've been wondering about what I have been knitting recently. Well, I'll tell ya. Between homework, work, classes, and spending time with DH, I've been trying to knit. Oh, cooking time needs to be squeezed in there somewhere too. Cause vegan wannabes need to cook! Anyhow, I've been working on the bottle holder from knit-wit.
I've got about 2 ft of strap left and I'll post it. I'm using some sock yarn I ordered from Herrschners in a jewel color mix ~ royal blues, purples, greens, golds, and pinks. I like it. This is my first project on dpns, and it wasn't bad at all. I think I'd like to try a pair of socks soonish ~ probably while I knit my next sweater.

Speaking of my next sweater. It's Adrienne Vittadini's shawl-collared pullover from Vogue Knitting winter edition project #23.
Here's a pic:

I'm using the Kathmandu Aran Yarn from Knitting garden in shade 130. It's on backorder, so I suggest emailing Elizabeth at KG if you want some first. I ordered mine in late February, and she quickly emailed me back to let me know it could be 2-3 weeks. It's been a little over 2 and I'm trying to keep my patience, lol. I'm doing my best to keep busy! I just lust for this yarn. :) If you are interested in knitting this along with me and some others over at craftster, join us here.
I hope to make a blog KAL for it soon. If I don't get to it over the weekend, it will definitely be done over spring break.

Happy Knitting!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?