Saturday, March 05, 2005

Craftster swaps ~ complete!

Last week was a busy week! I had a major math test, tons of homework, and lots of crafts to finish up! It was really fun, though, and I had lots of creative energy to let out! Sooo.. if you were my craft partner in a swap, be warned! The following images may ruin the suprise for you:

This is another rag bag. I just love making these!! I lined the inside with a light blue fabric that had sewing notions and said "sewing is our common thread". I keep forgetting to take photos of the lining. The blue flower is crochet on top of fuschia felt ~ hand-sewn. This was only the 2nd thing I've ever sewn! (My ragbag was the first.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a flower pin that I made. It's actually the first crochet I can actually take credit for. I did it all by myself! *beams*
The blue leaves are felt. I wish I would have more time to attempt at embroidering the leaf veins, but time was a constraint and I doubt I could sew very straight. I'm pretty new at that too!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another cherry-poppin new skill is beading. I've done a few bracelets already, but this is my first ever stitch markers! You can see I got better as I went along; they are in order of creation from left to right. I really had tons of fun with these and I intend to make lots more of varying sizes for my future knitting endeavors. (Sorry for the 'flashy' photo)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If anyone wants to point me in the way of a nice photography tutorial for showing off your crafts, please do!

And finally, here's a stitch marker I made for myself with a smaller size split ring. I used a 9mm for this one, whereas the ones above are 12mm which fit up to a size 11. I haven't tested out the 9mm ones yet.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Right now I'm working on top-secret goodies for another craftster member. It's the chinese zodiac swap and she is an earth lamb. I'm having some troubles with the 'earth' part, but I've got TONS of ideas for the lamb part. ;)

I'm also about to start making some pincushions for yet another swap!

On the knitting needles:

I'm using US size 2 dpns to make the water-bottle sling from knit-wit. It'll be a great way to carry water around with me, well, everywhere!

When I near completion on that, I'll order my size 9 circs to reknit a shrug from suss patterns that I'm not happy with. The pattern isn't symmetrical! Bleh! I'll have to rewrite it, so I'm being lazy about the whole frogging process.

Happy craftin'!

Comments:
Thanks so much!
 
wow good job for first crochet flower on your own! I just submitted to S&B crochet and it was really hard to come up with .original. patterns that werent just original cause i'd screwed up. lol i love your bag
 
I'm jealous of those stitch markers! I want them. How did you make them?
 
Hello Blogger, take a look at this fantastic ebook on beading. It is great both for Beginner Beaders and Pros alike. There are 2 great bonuses being given away on purchase which should not be missed. You’ve got a great Blog here, don’t stop.
 
Hello Blogger, take a look at this fantastic ebook on beading for beginners. It is great both for Beginner Beaders and Pros alike. There are 2 great bonuses being given away on purchase which should not be missed. You’ve got a great Blog here, don’t stop.
 
Hi Blogger, when you have a minute, please take a look at this beginner beaders ebook offer website. This beginner beaders ebook is great for both beginners and pro’s. You have a fantastic blog here, keep it up.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?