Thursday, March 24, 2005

Changes

I've made a few minor changes to the blog today. First off, no more LYS links. These people aren't giving me the best service, and they sure aren't giving me discounts.. so Off they go! (Elann actually gives great business, so I highly reccomend them!) On the other hand I've gotten really awful business from another yarn shop that I'm not going to name, but I bet that if you tried really hard you could guess who I'm referring to. ;) Not to whine, but hey it's my blog ~ I'll whine if I want to, but today officially marks one month of waiting for the yarn to start my shawl collared pull over.

Another change I made is to add a new friend to the Knifty Knitters lineup. Her name is staralee and her site is listed to the right. She has a fairly new blog with some cool WIPs going on and links to some nice tutorials. (I'm considering making the buttonhole bag, too. It's so cute!)

I received the yarn to finish up my hourglass sweater from elann yesterday. I started on it today and progress is going quite well. Although the yarns are from 2 different dye lots, there is no difference in color or tone at all. I'm really excited! I hope to get pics up as soon as I get it finished. I think I'll only hem the bottom and the neckline. I like the little roll up I have on the sleeves. So if you wanna know what I'm doing this weekend ~ tadaaa.. I'm working on my hourglass sweater!

I have been neglecting the strap on my waterbottle sling a bit. I had midterms last week and had to devote all my time to studying, but now it's spring break! Wahoo! I still have to work for a living, but I should get oodles more knitting time in. So I should get that done, too.

A new LYS opened up about 1 hr away from where I live. I can't wait to check it out. I may go tomorrow. I'll be sure to post any finds that I nab up. I have plenty of projects going on, though. So I'm going to try to behave myself. Plus, a lady from my Stich 'n Bitch is going to open up her own yarn shop in May! Oh yeah! I WILL be there pretty often (read: daily). Will work for yarn! :) She's already asked me what I want her to order, and we have a lot of the same tastes in yarn, so it's gonna be sooo great! She's even going to get some bamboo and soy yarn for me! Ok, I'm calming down now. Oh that reminds me, Calmer! Rowan, Debbie, Noro.. we're gonna be best pals!

Comments:
Yarn for your hourglass...woot!! Sorry to hear about your VK project yarn woes. I know I waited over a month for needles one time (which is even more stupid than waiting for yarn, because, HELLO, I could have gotten needles at any of my LYSs). I can't wait to see the Hourglass, though. I'm sure she'll be beautiful!! OOh...and I'm jealous over the new yarn store!
 
Wow, waiting a month for needles must have been awful, too! Having the yarn right at your fingertips and nothing to knit it with?? That could have possibly been worse! I am finished with the hourglass now and am working on the hemming parts. It turns out I only really needed 1 extra skein when I made my second order (although I had already used 1 extra from what the pattern called for). So now I have 1 extra, but that's ok. I'm sure it will find a home as striping in another project.

Happy knitting!
 
Yay for finishing Hourglass and yay for adding me to the sidebar, I'm so flattered!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?